ICT Development directorate has 15 staffs of which two of them are in Education (upgrading B.Sc to M.Sc)
The mission of the Information and Communication Technology Development Directoret is to provide Information Technology (IT) resources for teaching, research and community services of the University. It is committed to delivering quality customer service and technical solutions in the academic and administrative environment of the Wachemo University (wcu) community.
The overall objective of ICT Development Directorate lies on addressing the key ICT needs in Wachemo University. These include:-
- Build and Administrate Communication Infrastructure, Automation of business processes, develop digital Content and Advanced Research facilities.
The ICT Development Directorate is responsible for all information systems development, customization, deployment and continual improvement across the University and all its campuses. It administrate the University LAN, website and mail server including other content management systems. ICT Development directorate as well resolving systems issues and maintenance of office electronic and Networks. Indeed the office suggests different ICT solution in order to facilitate the t-learning and administrative duties.
- Organizational structure
WCU knows that ICT is a means to advance the core academic processes, to facilitate Administrative functions and research needs of the University. Thus the university has reorganized the ICT development office as that of 2013 in a new fashion which comprises five teams under ICT development directorate, indeed the office directly accounted to the president of the university.
Roles and responsibilities:
· Accountable to the university president
· Member of the university top management council
· Provide leadership and management to the Information & Communications
Technology (ICT) department
· Insure that ICT provides, operates and maintains the ICT infrastructure,
systems and solutions to meet the needs of the administrative, educational,
and research programs of the University
· Establish proper ICT governance through an ICT Policy for the university,
planning of ICT projects, managing the portfolio of solutions, systems and
infrastructure, and instituting a Service Management approach to the
services and solutions that the ICT delivers to the university community
· Insure that the ICT department understands the needs of its customers – the
university and the many departments and programs that it runs, the
teachers, students and administrators, and provides solutions based on this
· Be an ICT evangelist in the University and its many departments
· Keep up with the ever changing Information and Communication Technology,
especially identifying new tools and technologies that will move the
University’s Education and Research responsibilities forward