Thematic Areas of Research and Community Service of CSSH
Social sciences and humanities college encompasses a vast array of disciplines that study human behavior, society, culture, and the intricate workings of the human mind. As research domains, they offer invaluable insights into understanding the complexities of human experiences, societal dynamics, historical events, artistic expressions, and philosophical inquiries. It aims to make a positive impact on society via advancing knowledge, promoting social change, and fostering a better future for all. Therefore, the College is dedicated to conducting researches in various thematic areas; for instance, language, culture and folklore, education and empowerment, preserving indigenous knowledge, social justice and psycho-social issues, sustainable development, media and communication and good governance. The details are explained well here below.
1. Thematic Areas of Research in CSSH
Language, Culture and Folklore
Education and Empowerment:
Maintaining languages through advanced technological tools
- Collecting and recording language data and creating language dictionaries and lexicons
- Preserving different cultural traditions, knowledge, heritage and identity
- Conducting various linguistic aspects such as phonology and phonetics, morphology and syntax and Semantics and Pragmatics of any language
- Widening up language revitalization programs for keeping languages not to be endangered
Preserving Indigenous Knowledge
- focusing on improving educational opportunities and empowering individuals to reach their full potential.
- Delivering research-led teaching learning
- Working on securing quality of education via identifying the existing associated factors
- striving to create inclusive learning environments that foster personal growth and societal progress.
- Producing highly qualified and skillful graduates for the development of the country.
Social Justice and Psycho-social Issues
- Safeguarding the knowledge on varieties of cultural practices and folk medicinal remedies,
- Exploring indigenous ecological wisdom, features of funeral dirges, traditional gender roles,
- Digging out the indigenous conflict resolution mechanisms and traditional spiritual beliefs.
- Documenting traditional beliefs, customs, values and artistic expressions of the community around.
- Conducting researches on promoting equality, fairness, and inclusivity within society.
- Striving to identify and address social disparities and advocate for the rights of marginalized communities.
- Focusing on identifying social inequality, family dynamics, deviance and social change
- Focusing on intricacies of human societies, analyze patterns of behavior, and illuminate the social forces.
Media and Communication
- Exploring sustainable solutions to environmental challenges and promoting responsible practices
- Exploring researches on ways of soil and water conservations, factors of land degradation and etc
- Aiming to foster a harmonious relationship between society and the environment, ensuring a better future for generations to come.
- Exploring the impact of media on individuals, communities, and society as a whole.
- Exploring the importance of media literacy in the digital world
- Addressing the power of media in shaping public opinion
- Navigating the increasingly complex and interconnected media landscape
- Investigating the role of media in political campaigns
2. Thematic Areas of Community Service in CSSH
- Exploring transparency, accountability and rule of law in different sectors found around
- Investigating studies on combating corruption and promoting ethics in good governance
- Exploring accountability mechanisms in promoting good governance
- Strengthening legal frameworks for effective governance in every aspect
Varieties of Trainings were/are/will be offered on the issues of:
- Enhancing the research capabilities of our esteemed staff members to ensure they stay at the forefront of their respective fields.
- Providing training for staff on publishing in prestigious journals
- Organizing workshops and events related to community needs
- Empowering teachers across different grade levels to elevate their pedagogical approaches and deliver exceptional education.
- Enhancing the English language proficiency of English teachers
- Equipping tourism officers with the necessary expertise to preserve and safeguard our rich cultural heritage, ensuring its longevity for future generations to cherish and Offering trainings on language preservation, methods of documentation and archiving.
- Strengthening the research capabilities of postgraduate students
- Strengthening the skills of media professionals by providing comprehensive training on media and communication issues, enabling them to effectively navigate the ever-evolving media landscape.
- Enhancing the expertise of public relations practitioners