Students may seek transfer from one program to another, from college to another college and even from university to university. The transfer requests are entertained as follow.
A student may transfer from one college to another college (inter-college) or from one department to another department within the same college (intra-college) upon satisfying the following conditions and procedures.
Both inter-college and intra-college transfers shall depend on availability of space and facilities in the receiving college or department and a transfer applicant shall have grade levels that would normally be required of students for enrolment into the department concerned.
- Both inter-college and intra-college transfers shall depend on availability of space and facilities in the receiving college or department and a transfer applicant shall have grade levels that would normally be required of students for enrolment into the department concerned.
- Inter-college transfer is only applicable in areas of related disciplines;
- A student dismissed from his previous department shall not be eligible for transfer into another college or department of the University;
- Inter-college and intra-college transfer application forms shall be available at each college and department of the university to be collected by applicants for transfer upon payment of appropriate fees;
- A transfer application form must be completed and returned to the concerned college or department within a week after registration;
- Granting or denying transfer shall be made by a dean of the receiving college upon the recommendation of the receiving department in case of inter-college transfer and by the head of the receiving department in case of intra-college transfer which shall then be approved by the dean of the receiving college. Accepted transfer requests are subject to final approval by the Registrar;
- Receiving colleges shall set criteria for selecting students who apply for transfer;
- A student whose application for transfer has been rejected shall have a right of appeal to the AVP whose decision shall be final;
- The process of transfer shall be completed within two weeks following the commencement of classes;
- Transfer shall not have the consequence of elongating the stay of a student for more than a year;
- The receiving department shall work out the details of transfer of credits and other technical matters.
IMPORTANT: NEW ENTRY REGULAR STUDENTS WHO HAVE JUST BEEN ALLOCATED TO THE VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TRANSFER FROM ONE COLLEGE TO ANOTHER OR FROM ONE DEPARTMENT TO ANOTHER DEPARTMENT IN A COLLEGE BEFORE SPENDING AT LEAST ONE SEMESTER.
Continued Education Programs
Evening and Kiremt students are not allowed to transfer from one college to another or from one department of a college to another department of the same college.
Evening students may transfer to regular programs if they satisfy the following:
- The applicants must have accumulated (obtained passing grades) in the evening program in at least half (50%) of the total ECTS/credits required for graduation as specified in the applicant’s academic program;
- The applicant must have at least a CGPA of 3.00 at the time of application;
- Such a transfer can take place within the same academic departments/program only. Thus, request for change of major and/or minor areas of study cannot be considered;
- Applications for transfer to the regular program are to be submitted to the concerned academic department by completing forms prepared for this purpose by the Registrar for students who meet the basic criteria as stated above;
- Applications must be submitted within a maximum of two weeks after the date of semester registration in the Evening program;
- Academic departments may accept or reject the transfer applications based on availability of space and facilities. On competitive basis, decisions (acceptance or rejection) must be approved by the Dean, and the Registrar effects approved transfer cases;
- Students transferred from the Evening to regular programs will be subject to the cost-sharing scheme.
The transfer of students in regular, continuing and distance programs from other public universities or colleges to the University within the same program may be accepted on justifiable grounds such as change of work place by the applicant or his spouse and health. In special circumstances, transfer of students from other universities shall be decided by the President or the AVP. Students applying for inter-university transfer should have spent at least one semester in their university of origin and be in a good academic standing.
3. Transfer of students Graduate Program:
A graduate student registered in one graduate program may be allowed to transfer to another program provided the candidate:
- Presents an application stating convincing reason(s) for requesting the transfer and a letter in support of the desired transfer from a sponsor where applicable; and
- Satisfies the academic requirements for admission into the program to which transfer is sought and the approval of the concerned DGCs and ACs has been obtained; and is not a dismissed student; and
- Must have completed not more than one fourth of the originally joined program (50% of the course work).
- Transfer of credits shall be determined by the department/school/center receiving the candidate.