Name: Mr. Solomon Berhanu
Academic Rank: Head Of The Department
Specialization: M.Sc., Biotechnology
Department of BioTechnology, College of Natural and Computational Science
Wachemo University, Hossana, Ethiopia
Telephone(s): +251917189665, +251988702552
Completing BSc I have joined in women, child and youth affairs office r as coordinator, SNNPR,Hosanna, Ethiopia since 2015.After July 05, 2017 till today, I am working in the department of Biotechnology, Wachemo University, Ethiopia. I did MSc in Biotechnology from University of Haramaya, Haramaya, Ethiopia in 2017.
- I have got different certificates and awards at national and international level. I have reviewed different research paper at national level for granting and validation and international level for publication and I am reviewer for journal of Biotechnology Research.
- I have more than two years’ experience in Head position and teaching Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Fundamentals of Biotechnology, Food Biotechnology, Evolution, Genetic Engineering, Plant Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Immunology and Immunotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology, Bioinformatics Mushroom Production and Technology and Bio-safety at Debre Berhan University and Wachemo University.
I also took some short term and long term trainings such as
Training on Research Methodology and Research Ethics hosted of Wachemo university research and community service office
- Training on the techniques of Wheat rust spore management, collection and controlling mechanisms hosted EBDI and WCU
- Trainings on Genetic Engineering and Bioinformatics hosted of AASTU.
- At National level of Adama Science and Technology University and some software applications Training workshop on Basic Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology (Blast Tools, Multiple sequence alignment and Phylogeny, introduction to Linux, R; NGS: Quality control and Mapping Reads).
- I have Participate and Present my research out putson 2nd National level Biotechnology Research Review Workshop at Ethiopia Biotechnology Institute in the case of microbial and plant application area
Area Of Research Interest:
Prevalence and Determinants of Khat (Catha edulis) Chewing in Hosanna Population of SNNPR Region
- A Cross-Sectional Study, Rhesus-D Negative Blood Incompatibility and Isoimmunization During Pregnancy: Knowledge of Primiparous in a Community
- Effect of Thermal Stress on the Locally Grown Wheat Variety in the Hadiya Zone, Ethiopia
Isolation And Identification Of Phytochemical Compounds From Calpurnia Aurea And Their Antimicrobial Activity Of Extracts Against S. Typhyand S. Aureus
- Rhesus D Genotyping using cell free Fetal DNA (cffDNA)
Identification of resistant wheat genotypes in leaf and stem rust prone Hadiya zone, SNNPR