Wachemo University, Deliverology Unit Directorate
Teacher's Assessment Improvement
Description: To improve teacher's performance and classroom practices through reliable, objective, independent, transparent, and validated assessments.
Outcome Measure: Improved teacher performance as seen in internal and external evaluation results.
Definition of success:
Short term: Independent, reliable and reflective teacher assessment process in place, which provides reliable information on teacher competency gaps and performance differentiation.
Medium term: Little to no differentiation between internal and external assessment results (convergence of results leading to reliable internal assessments)
Long term: Competent teachers with improved pedagogical skills, leading to improved quality of education.
- Revised teacher evaluation checklist
- Awareness among involved stakeholders
- Internal evaluation system in place
- External evaluation in place
- Validated performance report
- Reward and incentives introduced